United Nations has designated this day, October 17, to promote the awareness of the need to eradicate poverty.
Did you know that of the world’s population
- about 1.4 billion – 20% – lives in extreme poverty, with less than 1.25 dollar per day.
- in the least developed countries, 30 percent of all children are engaged in child labor.
- almost 800 million do not have clean drinking water.
- by 2015 there will be 2.7 billion people without access to basic sanitation.
- income equality is just a dream: the richest 1% earn as much as the poorest 57%.
Do we just simply refuse to see this?
- Join the global conversation on Facebook and Twitter using #EndPoverty. Share photos and stories of what you and your community are doing to help end poverty.
- Check Global Engage, you might find your way to act.
- Check also the Global Poverty Project, it tells “What can everyday people do to create change”.